Welcome to the Denver Commission on Aging!
We are a commission comprised of volunteers who advise the Executive Director of the Denver Agency for Human Rights & Community Partnerships
and the Mayor's Office on the special problems of the aging community in the City and County of Denver.
The Denver Commission on Aging at the African-American Health Fair!!!!
- researches legislation as it affects older adults, in order to effectively influence and shape policy
- develops partnerships with service providers who serve on the Commission, in order to actively involve the community and elected officials
- raises funds for educational forums, networking activities and special projects which are community-based and elder focused
- develops media strategies to promote community awareness of older adult issues and to outreach for community volunteers
- outreaches to empower isolated, at-risk older adults and refers resources
Our overall goal is to promote and ensure for equal rights and opportunity for the aging community in Denver. For further information, please call 720-913-8477 and your call will be addresed or directed to the appropriate department.
2013 Commission Meeting Dates & Times:
Thursday, February 9th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, March 21st - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, April 18th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, May 16th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, June 20th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, July 18th- 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
*Thursday, August 15th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, September 19th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. CANCELLED!!!
Thursday, October 17th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, November 21st - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Thursday, December 19th - 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Meetings are normally held at the Volunteers of America (VOA) building at 26th & Larimer.
Locations are changed occasionally and will be posted.
*August 15th meeting will be held at the Blair Caldwell Library, 2401 Welton Street.