Board of Ethics
September 22, 2005
DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF SEPTEMBER 22, 2005
1. Chair Leslie Lawson called the meeting to order at 1:40 pm. Also present were members Leonard P. Plank, Lori Mack and Ann Terry. Carolyn Lievers was absent.
2. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of the August 25, 2005 Board of Ethics meeting.
3. Staff Director Michael Henry and Budget Analyst Kelly Greunke reported that the Budget Office and the Mayor have recommended a budget for 2006 for the Board of Ethics for $86,700’s budget request for 2006.
4. Michael Henry also reported that the Board of Ethics moved its office on September 9 to 2 H 13 in the Wellington Webb Building to make room for the Office of Cultural Affairs on the seventh floor. He also indicated that the Board of Ethics will henceforth have its meetings in Conference Room 2 D 4.
5. Michael Henry and Kelly Greunke also advised the Board that the Board’s 2006 budget request includes a new performance measure for the Board to “work with Career Service Authority to provide ethics training to new employees within 120 days of their start date.” This will require the Board and CSA to track which new employees have received ethics training within 120 days and the Board to remind employees who have not (and their supervisors).
6. Shawn Orth from the Forestry Division of the Parks and Recreation Department presented information to the Board and responded to questions concerning Case 05-26, requesting advice concerning outside employment.
7. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to go into executive session to deliberate on Case 05-26 and also to review with representatives of the City Attorney’s Office a pending investigation in a city department.
8. The Board adjourned at 3:10 pm following the executive session.
Michael Henry, Staff Director
Approved by the Board of Ethics: October 27, 2005