Board of Ethics
March 24, 2005
DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF MARCH 24, 2005
1. Chair Carolyn Lievers called the meeting to order at 1:30 pm. Also present were Leonard Plank, Christopher Weimer and Leslie Lawson. Charles Savage was absent.
2. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of the February 24, 2005 Board of Ethics meeting.
3. Mary Buckley and Timothy Martinez of the Office of Economic Development summarized a request for an advisory opinion and responded to questions regarding payment of travel expenses for the Mayor for an economic development trip to Canada.
4. Sandy Adams and Connie Strehler made statements regarding Case 04-48.
5. Dolores Martinez-Hernandez summarized her request for an advisory opinion regarding possible outside employment and responded to questions.
6. June Twinam discussed with Board members draft case studies that she prepared for inclusion in the next updated version of the ethics handbook.
7. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to go into executive session to deliberate on Cases 04-48 and 05-4 through 05-7.
8. The Board adjourned following the executive session at 3:20 pm.
Michael Henry, Staff Director
Approved by Board of Ethics: April 28, 2005