Board of Ethics
May 27, 2004
DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF MAY 27, 2004
1. Chair Charles Savage called the meeting to order at 1:30 pm. Also present were Carolyn Lievers, Christopher Weimer and Leonard Plank. Leslie Lawson was absent.
2. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of the April 22, 2004 Board of Ethics meeting.
3. The Board reviewed the draft budget request for 2005 prepared by Staff Director Michael Henry. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to add an additional $10,000 to the request to pay for printing and distributing an updated Ethics Handbook for city employees and to obtain professional help to update the curriculum for refresher ethics training.
4. Laura Aldrete summarized her request for an advisory opinion or a waiver from Section 2-64(a) of the Code of Ethics to allow her to move immediately from city employment to Denver Urban Renewal Authority employment, where she would work on the same projects that she worked for while with the city.
5. Board members continued their ongoing discussion regarding the Board’s proposals to improve the Code of Ethics with Michael Henry and Assistant City Attorney Christopher Lujan.
6. Carolyn Lievers was nominated and unanimously elected as chair of the Board of Ethics for a one-year term. Leonard Plank was nominated and unanimously elected as vice-chair of the Board for a one-year term. Board members and Michael Henry expressed their great appreciation for Charles Savage’s service as chair of the Board.
7. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to go into executive session to deliberate on Cases 04-22 through 04-24.
8. The Board adjourned following the conclusion of the executive session at 3:00 pm.
Approved by Board of Ethics on June 24, 2004