DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF DECEMBER 7, 2006
Chair Ann Terry called the meeting to order at 1:40 pm. Also present were Lori Mack, Leslie Lawson, Leonard Plank and Carolyn Lievers.
- It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of the November 16, 2006 Board of Ethics meeting.
- Erik Dyce, Director of Marketing for Theatres and Arenas, summarized his request for an advisory opinion regarding potential outside business activity and responded to questions from Board members.
- The Board continued its discussion of a possible ordinance to present to City Council and the Mayor’s Office to require disclosure of gifts to the city. The Board made a number of adjustments to the last draft and requested the Staff Director to e-mail the agreed-upon draft to Board Members to review, after which he will discuss it with the City Clerk, Auditor and other affected agencies.
- The Board reviewed a draft of its goals for 2007 and decided to have further discussion at its next meeting on January 25, 2007.
- The Board reviewed a draft of suggested improvements to the Code of Ethics for submission to the Mayor and City Council with the 2006 annual report to be submitted on or before February 15, 2007. The Board decided to continue the discussion at its next meeting.
- It was moved, seconded and passed to go into executive session to consider Cases 06-44 and 06-46 and to prepare the annual performance evaluation of the Staff Director.
- The meeting adjourned at 3:15 following the conclusion of the executive session.
Michael Henry, Staff Director
Approved by the Board of Ethics, February 1, 2007