The Denver City’s Attorney’s Office is one of the largest law firms in Colorado, with over 90 attorneys and approximately 90 staff members comprised of paralegals, victim advocates, and other support and supervisory staff members. It may have the most diverse practice of any law firm in Colorado. Its clients include the Mayor; the Auditor; the Clerk and Recorder; City Council; and all city agencies, departments, boards and commissions.
Our office participates in:
- financing of regional development projects
- drafting and negotiating contracts
- litigating significant civil rights matters in federal court
- prosecuting criminal matters in Denver County Court
- advising City Council on critical legislation and publishing the mayor-council agenda
- protecting the interests of children in Denver District Court
- helping plan for large scale events
- providing general counsel and advice to Denver International Airport
- conferences and accredited continuing legal education courses around the country and the state
- significant public service by serving on boards of non-profit entities and city programs
- mentoring and training legal and paralegal interns each year.
The Center for Legal Inclusiveness (CLI) has selected the City Attorney's Office as one of a small number of legal organizations to pilot its Inclusiveness Manual-Beyond Diversity: Inclusiveness in the Legal Workplace. Other pilot organizations include the law firm of Holland and Hart and the Qwest Corporation's Legal Department. CLI is a Colorado nonprofit dedicated to increasing diversity in the legal profession. CLI was created by the Dean's Diversity Council. For more information about the inclusivity program, visit CLI's website
The Denver City Attorney’s Office was awarded the 2009 Qwest Diversity Leadership Award by the Diversity in the Legal Profession Committee of the Colorado and Denver Bar Associations. This award recognizes aColorado law firm or corporate legal department that is a leader in diversity and demonstrating a commitment to diversity within their organization through measurable results in recruiting, retaining and promoting diverse attorneys.