|Mayor Hancock Proclaims ‘Burgundy and Blue Week’|
DENVER – Mayor Michael B. Hancock today proclaimed “Burgundy and Blue Week” in the City and County of Denver for the week of April 14, 2014, to support the Colorado Avalanche leading up to their appearance in the first round of the NHL Playoffs. The Mayor also announced additional ways the city and its partners are cheering on the Avalanche.
Avalanche fans in Denver, the state and throughout the region are encouraged to wear burgundy and blue the entire week in advance of the team’s first round series against the Minnesota Wild.
The City and County of Denver is showing its support for the Avalanche by:
- Lighting the City and County Building with burgundy and blue lights beginning Monday through the first round;
- Illuminating the DIA sign on Peña Boulevard in burgundy;
- Supporting the Avalanche by asking city employees to don their best burgundy and blue clothing;
- Greeting DIA passengers with an Avalanche message from Team Captain Gabriel Landeskog on the train;
- Encouraging downtown building owners and businesses throughout the city to display burgundy and blue lights and Avalanche signs.
Adding to that support, the Downtown Denver Partnership is:
- Lighting the D&F Tower in burgundy and blue lights;
- Changing the lights along 14th Street to burgundy and blue.
Posted on Apr 14, 2014 (Archive on Apr 19, 2014)
Posted by kpellegrin Contributed by kpellegrin