Administrative Citation Information

It is important that you read your citation.

Admin Citations (AC)
Pay Your Administrative Citation online
Admin Citation Fees may also be paid at:
Board of Environmental Health
200 W. 14th Ave
Denver, CO  80204
10:30am - 4:30pm
Animal Control Office during the hours of 10:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
To appeal an Administrative Citation please contact  the Board of Enviornmental Health 

General Violation Information

General Violations (GV) 

General Violation Summons Fees can not be paid at the Animal Control Office. Fees must be mailed or brought to:

General Violations Division
Denver Justice Center
Denver County Court
520 W. Colfax Ave., 
4th Floor Room 4-A
Denver, CO  80202

If you have questions regarding appearance date, time, reschedule or general infomation please call General Inquires: 720-337-0410.


Barking Dog Ordinance

Barking Dog Law


To report a barking dog problem:
Call Denver Animal Care and Control at  (720) 913-1311 or  3-1-1 to report a problem. We take complaints for the City and County of Denver only. If the dog barking problem is in another county, you must call that Animal Control agency. 

Denver Animal Care & Control (ACC) has a three step procedure for handling barking dog complaints:

1.  First Warning: if the complaintant notifies the owner of the barking dog  or if the complaintant does not want to notify the owner, the ACC staff will mail a barking dog notification to the resident regarding the problem.

2. After the first warning, if the problem persists an animal control officer will issue  a courtesy warning to the pet owner regarding the barking dog problem. 

3. After two warnings have been issued and the problem still persists, then two persons (from two different households) will need to sign a private complaint with our department.  The complaint is an actual administrative ciation.