The Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) is designed to pay a portion of your heat bill during the winter season, November 1 - April 30. Households that qualify will receive an amount based on the cost of the heat bill, the number of people living in the home, and the household income. The program also provides emergency assistance when a family receives a shut-off notice or when heat has already been shut-off.
To receive help from this program, you must meet all the following criteria:
- You are a U.S. citizen or legal resident, or be part of a household with a legal resident;
- You pay heating costs to an energy company or as part of rent; and
- You meet certain income limits
Additional information about this program is available at 866-HEAT-HELP (866-432-8435).
Applying for Heat Cost Assistance/LEAP
Step 1: Get an application
- Online: Download the application between Nov. 1 - April 30 (This link will only be active during the LEAP season.)
- In-person: You can come to any one of our offices, Monday - Friday, 8:00a.m. - 4:30p.m., and pick up an application in person between Nov. 1 and April 30:
Castro Building, 1200 Federal Blvd, Denver, CO 80204
East Office, 3815 Steele St., Denver, CO 80205
Montbello Satellite Office, 4685 Peoria St., Denver, CO 80239
- Mail: You can receive an application by mail by calling 866-HEAT-HELP (866-432-8435) between Nov. 1 and April 30.
Step 2: Complete and return the application
- Make sure you've answered all the questions and have attached all the requested information. If your application is not complete, we cannot process your request. Be sure to return the application as soon as possible; the sooner your application is received, the sooner it will be processed and a decision on your application can be made.
Denver County residents must return the application by mail to:
PO Box 40609
Denver, CO 80204
Fax applications to 720-944-4898
You will be notified of our decision as soon as possible and we will explain the payment process at that time. Please continue to make your payments as usual. Our process takes time and you must keep your account current while waiting to hear from us.
If you apply for LEAP and receive a shutoff notice before you know the outcome of your application, or you have your heating service disconnected, notify us immediately by calling 1-866-HEAT-HELP (432-8435).
For more information, visit http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CDHS-SelfSuff/CBON/1251580884665.