The following must be reported to the Medical Examiner's Office:
1. All patients that die within 24 hours of admission to a hospital.
2. All deaths in which the attending physician has not been in attendance of the decedent within 30 days prior to death.
3. All deaths that occur in the emergency room.
4. All deaths resulting from accident, suicide, or homicide.
5. Any death in the operating room.
6. Any death thought to be related to a therapeutic procedure.
7. Deaths resulting from thermal, chemical, or radiation injury.
8. All cases in which the attending physician is unable or unwilling to certify the cause of death.
9. All deaths due to unexplained causes or under suspicious circumstances.
10. Deaths resulting from a disease which may be hazardous or contagious or which may constitute a threat to the public health.
11. Sudden deaths or persons in good health.
12. All cases in which trauma may be associated with the death.
13. Any death while in the custody of law enforcement or while incarcerated in a public institution.