DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF FEBRUARY 22, 2007
Chair Ann Terry called the meeting to order at 1:40 pm. Also present were Leslie Lawson and Lori Mack. Leonard Plank and Carolyn Lievers were absent.
1. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of the February 1, 2007 Board of Ethics meeting.
2. A city employee presented a request for an advisory opinion and/or a waiver regarding possible employment after she leaves city employment with a company she had interactions with in her city job and responded to questions from the Board..
3. Stephanie Inderweisen and Laurie Baker from the Division of Housing and Neighborhood Development of the Office of Economic Development presented a request for an advisory opinion regarding if and how city employees can apply through DHND for certification of eligibility for the city’s affordable housing program.
4. Deborah Ortega and Jamie Van Leeuwen from Denver’s Road Home Program at the Department of Human Services presented a request for an advisory opinion and answered questions from the Board regarding whether Ms. Ortega’s volunteer board work with a non-profit housing developer presented a conflict of interest under the Code of Ethics.
5. A city employee presented a request for an advisory opinion and/or a waiver concerning potential employment as the executive director of an entity which he had a role in establishing as a city employee and answered questions from the Board.
6. The meeting adjourned at 3:00 following the conclusion of the executive session.
Michael Henry, Staff Director
Approved by Board of Ethics: March 21, 2007