DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF MARCH 21, 2007
Vice Chair Lori Mack called the meeting to order at 1:40 pm. Also present were Leonard Plank and Carolyn Lievers. Ann Terry and Leslie Lawson were absent.
1. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of the February 22, 2007 Board of Ethics meeting.
2. Staff Director Michael Henry invited Board members to attend a meeting of the General Government Committee of City Council on March 27 at which time the Board will report on recent activities of the Board of Ethics and present the Board’s recommended minor changes to the Code of Ethics.
3. Sgt. Jeffrey Kolts of the Denver Police Department presented his request for an advisory opinion regarding outside employment and responded to questions from the Board.
4. David Pickart of the Career Service Authority presented his request for an advisory opinion and/or a waiver regarding travel and lodging expenses to a conference.
5. Kelly Greunke, the budget analyst from the Finance Office assigned to the Board of Ethics, discussed with the Board what the performance measure of the Board could be, including use of a survey to measure the ethics climate in different city departments. The Board will continue this discussion with Career Service Authority and with the Mayor’s Office.
6. The Board voted to go into executive session to deliberate on Cases 07-5, 07-6 and 07-8.
7. The meeting adjourned at 3:30pm following the conclusion of the executive session.
Michael Henry, Staff Director
Approved by Board of Ethics: April 26, 2007