The new Eastside Human Services facility (located at 3815 Steele Street; Denver, CO 80205) is 51,000 square feet, sits on a 4.7 acre lot and is built to Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold standards. It is water and energy efficient with Under Floor Air Distribution and Natural Ventilation.
What are the benefits of this new facility?
• It is much larger than the facility located in five Points that it replaced
• More services at this one site, closer to those who reside in this part of Denver
• New state-of-the-art, environmentally friendly facility
• New building could improve property values
• An empty, dark, industrial lot that housed old trailers has been replaced by a new facility alive with residents and employees.
The architect for the new building was RNL Design and the construction contractor was Kiewit Building Group. It also features magnificent artwork from three local artists solicited under Art for a Better Denver
The following services will be available at the new Human Services Office for qualifying applicants living in these zip codes: 80205, 80206, 80207, 80216, and 80218.
Family and Adult Services:
Food assistance, Old Age Pension (OAP), Aid to Needy & Disabled (AND), Medicare Savings Program, Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF), Family Medicaid, Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) and EBT/Quest Cards.
Child Support Enforcement Services:
Begin child support claims: case initiation for applicants/recipients
Child Welfare Services:
Intake and on-going child protection services, foster care support, certification and recruitment; adoptions, kinship support services, youth services, Team Decision Making, and services for developmentally delayed children.
The East Human Services building is one of three offices open to serve the public. For more information, click here