In order to meet the objectives of the Denver Strategic Transportation Plan, it was essential to develop the plan through a collaborative planning process that involved the public in key decisions throughout the plan development.
The public outreach process was designed to:
- Identify all stakeholder issues and interests
- Determine shared community values and desired outcomes
- Develop performance measures for evaluating strategies based on community values
- Involve stakeholders in evaluating strategies
- Develop a plan with the support of broad range of stakeholders
Incorporating citizen suggestions, concerns, and needs into the planning process and outcomes resulted in better decisions with greater support. Comments and involvement in the study helped shape the study's priorities and decisions.
There were several avenues for public input, including: