Board of Ethics
November 17, 2005
DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF NOVEMBER 17, 2005
1. Vice Chair Leonard Plank called the meeting to order at 1:40 pm. Also present were Carolyn Lievers and Lori Mack. Ann Terry and Leslie Lawson were absent.
2. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of the October 27, 2005 Board of Ethics meeting.
3. Staff Director Michael Henry reported that the Ethics Training Advisory Committee met on November 16 and had a thorough discussion about the new ethics handbook and also discussed the need to develop, in conjunction with the Career Service Authority and the Mayor’s Office, a plan to deliver refresher ethics training to all city employees. The Advisory Committee will meet in a few months to develop such a plan.
4. The Board members further reviewed and commented upon the draft of the 2006 ethics handbook.
5. Board members reviewed the draft of the Board’s Goals for 2006.
6. It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to go into executive session to deliberate on Cases 05-29 through 05-42.
7. The Board adjourned at 2:35 pm following the executive session.
Michael Henry, Staff Director
Approved by the Board of Ethics: December 15, 2005