Board of Ethics
April 27, 2006
DENVER BOARD OF ETHICS
MEETING OF APRIL 27, 2006
Chair Leslie Lawson called the meeting to order at 1:40 pm. Also present were
Lori Mack, Leonard Plank and Ann Terry. Carolyn Lievers was absent.
- It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to approve the minutes of
the March 23, 2006 Board of Ethics meeting.
- Pete Maysmith, executive Director of Colorado Common Cause, presented and
discussed with the Board a draft of a proposed state constitutional amendment
regarding “Ethics in Government,” which Common Cause has presented
to the state title-setting board. If the title and the amendment are approved,
Common Cause will likely collect signatures to attempt to place the issue
on the ballot in November 2006. The proposed amendment would regulate gifts
government personnel, prohibit members of the general assembly from lobbying
for two years after leaving office and establish an Independent Ethics Commission
for the state.
- The Board had a preliminary discussion of its 2007 budget request, which
will have to be submitted to the Budget and Management Office by mid-June.
- The Board indicated that at its next meting on May 25, 2006, it will continue
consideration of a proposal of a consistent policy for gifts to the city.
- It was moved, seconded and passed unanimously to go into executive session
to deliberate on Case 06-10.
- The Board adjourned at 2:45 pm following the executive session.
Michael Henry, Staff Director
Approved by the Board of Ethics: May 25, 2006