Final Design Completed!
The City and County of Denver (CCD) has completed the design for Project 1 and 2 as described below:
- Project 1 – South Broadway Reconstruction: Kentucky to south of Tennessee
- Project 2 – South Broadway Reconstruction: South of Tennessee to Arizona & East Mississippi Reconstruction: Consolidated Mainline Railway to Sherman
The overall project scope will reconstruct South Broadway from Kentucky Avenue to Arizona Avenue and Mississippi Avenue between the Consolidated Main Line Railway (CML) and Lincoln Street. Improvements will include roadway widening; multi-use paths from Arizona to Kentucky along Broadway and from the CML to Sherman along Mississippi; new pedestrian and street lighting within the corridor; and upgraded signalized intersections at Broadway/Tennessee and Broadway/Mississippi.
- Through Fall of 2014 - Right of Way Acquisition
- Fall/Winter of 2014 - Project Advertisement
- Spring 2015-Construction to Begin
Demolition of the former Gates Rubber Plant buildings is anticipated to be completed by the property owner by year’s end. Demolition of the existing buildings on the east side of Broadway between Arizona and Kentucky avenues is anticipated to begin in late 2014, or early 2015.