One of the first improvements you will see from the Public Infrastructure (38th & Blake Station) TOD Project will be thousands of feet of new sidewalks that will improve pedestrian access to RTD’s 38th & Blake rail station.
Specific areas identified for sidewalk improvements include:
- Blake Street from 35th Street to 40th Street
- 36th Street from Blake Street to Walnut Street
- 38th Street from Arkins Court to mid-way between Chestnut Place and Delgany Street
- 40th Street from Blake Street to Walnut Street
- Portions of Downing St near the intersection with Blake Street
Construction is expected to begin in 2015 and continue in phases until it's complete. The first priority is to install sidewalks where none exist. The second priority is to upgrade the sidewalks that are in need of repair.