The application period for Mechanic, Denver Fire Department opens Tuesday, January 7, 2014, at 9:00 a.m.
Mountain Standard Time.
Registration closes Friday, January 31, 2014, at 5:00 p.m. Mountain Standard Time.
In order to test for the position of Mechanic, Denver Fire Department, an application must be completed on-line.
Upon successful completion of your on-line application, details will be given concerning submitting a Supplemental Application and documentation of your experience and education.
- EDUCATION: Applicants must have a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) on or before the date of application. Acceptable proof of a high school diploma or GED certificate will be required if selected to proceed beyond the written test. Acceptable substitutes for a high school diploma or GED certificate include an original certified high school transcript bearing the official school seal and showing graduation date, or an original letter from the school on the school's letterhead which verifies the graduation. In addition to a high school diploma or a certificate equivalent to a high school diploma (GED), applicants must possess an Associate’s Degree in Automotive or Truck Mechanics or possess a Master Automotive or Truck Technician Certificate from the National Institute of Automotive Service Excellence (A.S.E.); or possess certification from an accredited vocational training school or accredited training center or A.S.E. certification in all of the following areas:
- Engines - either gasoline or diesel;
- Transmission - either manual or automatic;
- Electrical Systems - either automotive or truck;
- A.S.E. certification in at least one other area as required for a Master Technicians certificate; either truck or automotive.
- EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least five (5) years of verifiable experience as a mechanic/technician working in the field of automotive or diesel repair.
In addition to the Education and Experience requirements noted above, applicants must also meet all of the Qualifications for Original Appointment as specified in Commission Rule 3 and as outlined in the Mechanic Examination Informational Booklet.