Earn while you learn!
Working an election is a hands-on way to learn about democracy while making some extra cash. View Denver's Student Election Judge Program Brochure for additional information.
Student election judges will:
- learn how our electoral process really works, up close and personal;
- receive election training from the Denver Elections Division;
- be paid for their time and effort;
- gain knowledge and insight working alongside experienced election judges at a Voter Service Center, in-house ballot processing assignment, or as a departmental assistant;
- participate in a public service that looks great on college applications;
- receive a certificate of appreciation signed by Denver’s Clerk and Recorder and the Director of Elections.
Teachers will have the opportunity to support curricula on:
- how democracy depends on citizen participation;
- how and why citizens vote;
- how federal, state and local election laws work together;
- the life cycle of a ballot and how votes are verified, counted and kept anonymous.