The role of the Denver Public Trustee is to record foreclosure documents and to administer the process in a legal and transparent manner.
The Public Trustee can:
- Explain the foreclosure process to homeowners
- Provide a list of outside resources that homeowners may contact
The Public Trustee cannot:
- Provide legal advice to homeowners
- Administer debt mitigation agreements
- Administer appeals
The Public Trustee also:
- Provides foreclosure cure information to homeowners upon request
- Administers all cure actions
- Conducts weekly public auctions
- Provides deeds for auctioned properties.