Disciplinary Appeal Process
For a detailed summary of the disciplinary appeal process click Here.
Appeal to the Hearing Officer
- The appeal must be filed within 10 days of the date of service of the Departmental Order of Disciplinary Action (DODA).
- A Hearing Officer will be a randomly assigned, and the Manager of Safety and the Department will be notified that an appeal has been filed in response to the DODA.
- The matter will be scheduled to be heard before the assigned Hearing Officer.
- The Hearing Officer will issue a written decision within 30 days after hearing the closing arguments in the matter.
Appeal to the Commissioners
- A Notice of Appeal to review the Hearing Officer's decision must be filed within 15 days after the service of the Hearing Officer's decision.
- Briefs addressing the issue may be filed by both parties.
- The matter may be scheduled for Oral Argument to be heard before the Commission Board.
- The Commissioners shall then issue a Final Decision and Order.
Commission Rule 12: Disqualification and Disciplinary Appeals, Hearings and Procedures
To view Commission Rule 12 (effective 5/4/2017), click Here
Search Disciplinary Appeals by: