Scope Of Work
To erect, add to, alter, demolish, or repair any building or structure.
Minimum Experience Required To Apply
- Seven (7) years in building construction field work as a Field Engineer or General Superintendent responsible for the following types of activities on commercial buildings, multi-story buildings, and high rise buildings (buildings with an occupied floor more than 75’ above the lowest level of fire dept. vehicle access) in all three of the following areas:
- Excavations at least ten (10) feet deep;
- Erection of structural elements of reinforced concrete, steel, masonry, heavy timber or other wood;
- General supervision over all building trades.
- Notarized letter(s) must show WHAT, WHEN AND WHERE you gained the necessary experience performing ground-up builds on high-rise buildings.
- List exact duties, projects performed, and equipment operated.
- Give exact start and end dates (month and year) and addresses for each project. Projects should have been completed within the last ten (10) years.
- List as many projects needed in order to cover the required amount of experience.
- A B.S. or B.A. degree in Structural Engineering or Architecture from an accredited college may be substituted for up to three (3) years of the required field work. A copy of the degree must be provided.
- Project Management experience or a Construction Management Degree may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required field work. A copy of the degree must be provided.
ICC Exam #F11 National Standard General Building Contractor A
Application Form and Required Documents