Jan 19, 2018
January 19, 2018
The City and County of Denver is convening an advisory committee to make recommendations for rules and regulations related to the revised Security Guard licensing ordinance as adopted by City Council in early November.
This ordinance makes various changes to Excise and Licenses’ existing regulations surrounding licensed security guards and private businesses who employ security guards. The changes are largely centered on requiring basic standards for training, enhanced FBI background check procedures, defining specific duties that require licensure, and removing antiquated ordinance language, such as renaming the existing “merchant guard license” to “security guard license”. The ordinance also provides more clarity to certain duties and job functions that are exempt from licensure.
We would like the Advisory Committee to consist of community, business and other stakeholders. The committee will be advisory in nature with the primary goal being to review, discuss and make recommendations of the rules and regulations for the Security Guard license.
These first four meetings of the SGAC have been scheduled and will take place at the Wellington Webb Municipal Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave. Details of the first three meetings are as follows:
1. Wednesday, January 24th, 2:00-4:00 (Room 4G4)
2. Wednesday, February 7th, 2:00-4:00 (Room 4I4)
3. Wednesday, February 21st, 2:00-4:00 (Room Tentative)
4. Wednesday, March 7th, 2:00-4:00 (Room 4I4)
Advisory Committee Members
• Molly Duplechian (Denver Office of Excise and Licenses) (Chair)
• Jordan Sauers (Denver Office of Excise and Licenses)
• Su Cho (City Attorney's Office)
• Michael Mosco (Denver Police Department)
• Joe Delmonico (Denver Police Department)
• Ricky Bennet (Blue Line Protection Group)
• David Bradley (Colorado Fingerprinting)
• Susan Cobb (Advanced Professional Security)
• Scott Denison (Loomis)
• Stephanie Fransen (True Security)
• Nick Hoover (Colorado Restaurant Association)
• Chris Howes (Visit Denver)
• Matt Krumholz (Argus)
• Amie Mayhew (Colorado Hotel and Lodgers Association)
• Rochelle Montez (Securitas)
• Kateri Nelson (Allied Universal)
• Dale Shavalier (HSS)
• Michael Vigil (Denver Metro Protective Services)
• Eugene Wade (Downtown Denver Partnership)
Please note that the City reserves the right to change the composition of the advisory committee as it deems necessary throughout the process.