You are hereby notified that pursuant to the Denver Revised Municipal Code, the Executive Director of the Department of Excise and Licenses is considering the adoption of proposed rules and regulations pertaining to Security Guard Licensing Ordinance. This updated ordinance made various changes to Excise and Licenses’ existing regulations surrounding licensed security guards and private businesses who employ security guards.
You are further notified that on May 11, 2018, at the hour of 2:00 pm, a public hearing on the proposed rules will be held at 201 West Colfax Ave., Dept. #206 Denver, Colorado 80202. Public testimony will be taken at the hearing. Members of the public wishing to provide written comment may be mailed to Department of Excise and Licenses, 201 West Colfax Ave., Dept. #206 Denver Colorado 80202; or to Jordan.Sauers@denvergov.org; or delivered in person at the hearing. Further information and the complete text of the proposed rules is available at the Department of Excise and Licenses website (www.denvergov.org/businesseslicensing) and in printed form at the department.
DIRECTOR OF EXCISE AND LICENSES
The City and County of Denver is convening an advisory committee to make recommendations for rules and regulations related to the revised Security Guard licensing ordinance as adopted by City Council in early November. Learn more about Committee meeting information and members.
• Molly Duplechian (Denver Office of Excise and Licenses) (Chair)
• Jordan Sauers (Denver Office of Excise and Licenses)
• Su Cho (City Attorney's Office)
• Michael Mosco (Denver Police Department)
• Joe Delmonico (Denver Police Department)
• Ricky Bennet (Blue Line Protection Group)
• David Bradley (Colorado Fingerprinting)
• Susan Cobb (Advanced Professional Security)
• Scott Denison (Loomis)
• Stephanie Fransen (True Security)
• Nick Hoover (Colorado Restaurant Association)
• Chris Howes (Visit Denver)
• Matt Krumholz (Argus)
• Amie Mayhew (Colorado Hotel and Lodgers Association)
• Rochelle Montez (Securitas)
• Kateri Nelson (Allied Universal)
• Dale Shavalier (HSS)
• Michael Vigil (Denver Metro Protective Services)
• Eugene Wade (Downtown Denver Partnership)
Security Guard Advisory Committe Causes for Denial