GOOD NEIGHBOR PROGRAM
Being A Good Neighbor Is As Easy As 1-2-3
1. Get to know your neighbors
- Sign up for pocketgov.org where you can view DPD's Virtual Neighborhood.
- Be aware of what's happening in your neighborhood and who is out of town.
- Bring in the newspaper and/or trashcan when your neighbor is out of town.
- Help your neighbor with deliveries.
- Help your neighbor shovel their sidewalk.
- Call your neighbor if you see their garage door or car door open.
- Watch for the safety of neighborhood children, the elderly, and those in need.
- Report suspicious activity to 9-1-1.
3. Become a Block Liaison
- Collect and distribute contact information for the neighbors on your block.
- Coordinate a Neighborhood Watch meeting with the Denver Police Department.
- Plan a block party!
- Distribute emergency preparedness information.
- Work on a common concern or neighborhood project.
- Collaborate with the Council Office, neighborhood organizations, and the Denver Police Department.
- Provide a way to get information out to individuals in a quick, concise manner.