Skip navigation

Long Term Care

Denver Human Services provides assistance for people who need to apply to receive long term care services.

You may be eligible for the following services, depending on your income and age, as well as whether you are disabled, and what types of assistance you are already getting (such as Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income, and/or Old Age Pension):

  • Adult Foster Care
  • Alternative Care Facilities
  • Home Care Allowance
  • Home and Community Based Services
  • Nursing Home Institutionalization

You must be a United States citizen, a naturalized citizen, or a legal alien admitted to the United States to be eligible for these services. To apply for these services with us, you will need to show proof that you are a resident of the City & County of Denver.

Applying for Long Term Care

Step 1: Get an application

  • Online:
    Click here to apply through PEAK

  • In-person: You can pick up an application in person:
    Monday – Friday, 8:00a.m. – 4:30p.m.
    Castro Building
    1200 Federal Blvd.
    Denver, CO 80204

    If you live in the Montbello area (residence zip codes 80238, 80239, or 80249):
    Montbello Satellite Office
    4685 Peoria St.
    Denver , CO 80239

  • Mail or Fax: We can send an application to you by mail or fax – please call us at 720-944-3666 to have one sent to you.

Step 2: Complete the application

Please fill out as much of the application as you can. At a minimum we will need to have your name, home street address, and signature on the application to begin the process (see page 8 of the application). If you need help or don't understand a question, a staff member at one of our offices can help you complete your application or you can call us at 720-944-3666.

The application can be used just for requesting Food Assistance or for requesting other types of benefits; mark any of the benefits on the list on page 1 of the application that you wish to apply for.

Step 3: Return the application to one of our offices

You can return the application to any of the offices listed above. As long as you provide your name, home street address, and a signature, you can turn in the form to begin the process, but providing as much information as possible could help complete the process faster.


Step 4: Make an appointment for an interview

If you return the application in person, you can make an appointment for an interview. If you return your application by mail, our office will contact you to schedule an appointment – please be sure to provide your phone number on the application. Your appointment may be conducted in person or over the telephone.

Step 5: The interview and decision

When you come to our office for an interview, please bring the following:

  • Your current driver’s license or other photo identification
  • Proof of income and other resources
  • Social Security numbers for all family members
  • Proof of Denver County residency

You will keep your original documents and we will make copies for our records.

You will be assigned a person who you can call if you have questions about your case or if you need to provide additional documentation.

Step 6: If you are eligible


Useful Phone Numbers

Child Abuse Hotline
Statewide: 1-844-CO-4-Kids (264-5437)
or in Denver: 720-944-3000
Adult Protection Hotline
DHS Customer Service


Colorado Relay/TDD

Child Support Services

Foster Care

GIVE Denver
720-944-GIVE (4483)

Denver City & County Information