Why update the City Park Master Plan?
The existing City Park Master Plan, Revitalizing the Legacy of City Park, was completed in 2001 and has provided guidance on park projects for more than 15 years. Over that time, the neighborhood has changed and additional park studies have been conducted, prompting the 2017 master plan update initiative which will:
- Be an inclusive and transparent planning process guided by community and partner input
- Identify and meet the needs of a growing and diverse population
- Create positive connections between City Park, its institutions, and neighborhoods
- Build on the legacy as a city-wide park while celebrating its history
- Create a sense of stewardship for all users
The project is funded by Denver Parks and Recreation and a Historical Fund Grant from History Colorado, with contributions from the Denver Museum of Nature & Science; the Denver Zoo; Historic Denver; City Park Alliance; City Park Friends & Neighbors; and dozens of individual donors.