Adopt-A-Spot is for groups of all sizes and ages
Adopt-A-Spot is for schools, businesses, civic groups, churches or families who want to maintain a particular area. It provides an opportunity for groups of any size to regularly volunteer and set their own schedule.
Adopt-A-Spot offers a means and the support for you to make your community a better place to live and play. Click here to review Adopt-A-Spot Program Guidelines.
- Cleanups offer participants the chance to explore details of the urban environment that often go unnoticed.
- Cities are part of our ecosystems and beautification projects help to solidify understanding of these complex relationships.
- The diverse cultural, economic and social environment of Denver provides occasion to develop personal knowledge of and explore the opportunities and challenges facing urban communities.
- Joining in organized cleanups also presents the chance for positive interaction with diverse peoples from Denver’s neighborhoods.
- Maintains a stretch of road, alleys or open areas (public right-of-way) for one year.
- Provides people-power to pick up litter, remove illegal signs and report graffiti.
- Agrees to clean your Spot through the year.
- Notifies Keep Denver Beautiful of planned cleanup dates so we can arrange for supplies and trash pick-ups.
Keep Denver Beautiful Provides:
- A street sign recognizing your group as an Adopt-A-Spot sponsor. (for groups adopting significant sections of streets).
- Organizational help.
- Safety and procedures training.
- Clean up supplies including bags, safety vests and work gloves.
- Free trash pickup after each cleanup.
- Loaner tools, as needed.