The Denver Office of Behavioral Health Strategies will be offering Mental Health First Aid training to City of Denver employees and the general public.
Mental Health First Aid is an 8-hour interactive course that:
- Presents an overview of mental illness and substance use disorders in the U.S.
- Introduces risk factors and warning signs of mental health problems
- Builds understanding of their impact
- Overviews common treatment
- Equips members of the public with the skills needed to help someone developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis
- Depression and mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Substance use disorders
All participants receive a free, informative Mental Health First Aid manual and a list of local mental health resources.
Click here to register:
February 6, 2017 (Part I) & February 13, 2017 (Part II) both 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. at Virginia Village Branch of Denver Public Library