The City and County of Denver supports and celebrates initiatives and causes that align with The City’s values. By lighting the City and County Building, we can visually demonstrate, in a unique way, the City’s support as well as promote awareness to various initiatives that impact our diverse community.
If you are interested in lighting the City and County Building a specific color to recognize a community impacting initiative, or create social/charitable awareness, please review the lighting criteria and policy below. All online nominations must be submitted a minimum of 60 days prior to the requested lighting date*.
Upon approval, you will be contacted with additional steps & details.
CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING LIGHTING CRITERIA
- Nominations must be received a minimum of 60 days in advance of the requested lighting date).
- Chosen nominations must align with the City and County of Denver values
- Nominations will be considered if the request falls within one of the following categories:
- Local Charitable nonprofit organization with 501(C )(3) status (or have local-based chapters in Denver)
- Extraordinary events/occurrences of City, State, National or International significance
- Non-profit Awareness Initiatives
- Non-profit organization milestones or significant anniversaries (in 25-year increments)
- City and County of Denver initiatives
- Lightings will not be considered for advertisement or commercial promotions; or for groups that discriminate against age, disability, race, religion, gender or sexual orientation.
CITY AND COUNTY BUILDING LIGHTING POLICY
- No more than 3 separate lightings will take place each month
- The building will not be lit for more than 15 days total each month
- Lightings can be requested for the following durations:
- One (1) Day
- Multiple days, no more than 7 consecutive days
- Lights will be displayed at sundown through 11pm on the requested date(s)
- Approved lightings may be re-scheduled due to priority requests of the City and County of Denver
NOTE: The below lightings are designated each year by the City and County of Denver and nominations will not be accepted.
- Veteran’s Day *
- Holiday Lighting Display *
- Independence Eve & Independence Day (July 3rd -4th)
*The actual lighting dates will change each year
- Nominations for the upcoming year will be accepted starting December 1 of the previous year