Skip navigation


A process addressing the donation of sick leave with supporting forms has been established. Please find the necessary forms to the right.

One of the most important items to note in this process is that:

Before an employee can receive donations of sick or PTO leave, the employee (or the employee’s representative) must provide notice to the Controller's Office, Payroll Division at that the employee anticipates a need for donated sick leave.

Such notice shall estimate how much donated sick leave the employee expects to use in the calendar year. Should the employee need more donated leave beyond the original estimate, the employee shall provide notice of this to the Payroll Division before the employee can receive additional donations.

Common Questions

The donated sick/PTO leave process refers to pre-disqualification meetings. What are the stipulations surrounding this and do they include medical, losing a CDL license, etc.? 

Donated leave may be used during the disqualification process only to the extent that sick or PTO leave would be available for use during disqualification (i.e. the employee is incapacitated by sickness or injury, for medical examinations, for necessary care and attendance during sickness or death of an employee’s immediate family member, and for qualifying conditions under the FMLA). Donated leave is available until either disqualification occurs or until the end of the period in which a disqualification decision must be issued, whichever occurs first. 

Does exhausting leave banks prior to using donated sick include using the Personal Holiday? 

No. The rule only requires that vacation, sick, PTO, and comp time banks be exhausted. 

How do I donate sick to a fellow employee? 

After receiving notification that a fellow employee needs sick donated, please fill out the Request to Donate Sick Leave form. To ensure that you are eligible to donate sick, please refer to CS Rule 10-45 Donated Leave.


Requesting Time Off

Click the image to learn how to create a time off request.