Fingerprinting Services & Background Checks
The Identification Section of the Denver Police Department performs ink fingerprinting services for Denver residents. Customer's fingerprints are rolled on FD-258 fingerprint cards and returned to the customer. The Denver Police Department does not retain a copy of these fingerprints, will not submit the cards on the customer's behalf or perform public background checks using these fingerprints.
- Location: 1331 Cherokee Street, Denver, CO 80204. We are located in the Police Administration Building on Cherokee Street between 13th and 14th Avenues in Downton Denver. Public parking is not provided. When you arrive, go through security on the first floor and take a number for public fingerprinting. Fingerprinting is done on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Hours: 9 am - 4:30 pm Wednesdays & Thursdays.
- Cost: $10 for the first fingerprint card, $5 for each additional card.
- Payment: Check, Money Order, Visa, Mastercard and Discover credit and debit cards. Please make all checks or money orders payable to "Manager of Revenue" for the full amount of cards requested.
- Valid government-issued photo ID is required (State or Country-issued ID cards, including Driver's License or passports).
Information furnished by the Denver Police Department for this purpose is limited to arrests occurring within the City and County of Denver (Juvenile arrests and Denver Summons to Appear will not be included). To obtain arrest records for arrests which occurred outside of the City and County of Denver, please contact the Colorado Bureau of Investigation at www.cbirecordscheck.com.
To obtain a notarized Records Query-Letter of Police Clearance:
Denver Police Department Administration Building
1331 Cherokee St, Room 416
Denver, CO 80204
- This query will only be performed on the person making the request.
- Fee - $25.00 (check or money order payable to MANAGER OF REVENUE) with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The requester will be cleared for warrants when the request is made.
- The arrest record check will be performed and the notarized letter will be mailed within 5 business days.
To obtain an Arrest Record:
- Order Arrest Records Online
- Download and complete the Arrest Records Form (PDF), selecting the type of report requested.
- This request can be made via mail at:
Denver Police Department Administration Building - Identification Section
1331 Cherokee St. Room 416
Denver, CO 80204
- Fee - $15.00 (check or money order payable to MANAGER OF REVENUE) with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- The arrest record check will be performed and the notarized letter will be mailed within 5 business days of receipt of the request.