We know extra trash collection is convenient, but many times it isn’t the best solution.
- Have your kids grown out of their clothes? » Donate them!
- Couch won’t fit into your new home? » Donate it!
- Are you moving? » Save on moving costs by donating!
No time or vehicle to drop off donations?
Many charities can arrange a free pickup of your items. A list of charities that will take your reusable items is posted on this page or visit the Recycling Directory and search "donations."
Donating your unwanted items can:
- Help families in need
- Save you money on moving costs
- Keep usable items out of the landfill
Denver Recycles encourages residents to reuse, sell or donate items in good condition instead of sending these items to the landfill. This will reduce your trash volume and provide a second life for your belongings.
- Refurbish furniture. Put a slipcover on a sofa or refinish a table and dresser.
- Hold a yard sale. Sell your unwanted items and pocket a little extra spending money. Remember the saying, “One person’s trash is another person’s treasure.”
- List large items for sale online. There are multiple websites and apps available for reselling your belongings. Here are just a few:
- Donate items to local charities. Nonprofit organizations, such as Goodwill and The Salvation Army, accept most household items. Some charities will even come to your home and pickup items.
- Organize a swap meet. Combine your unwanted items with your neighbors for greater results.
- Search for drop-off options. Check out Denver Recycles’ online Recycling Directory for locations where you can donate and recycle all types of items.