Dec 07 2017
Dec 07 2017
Start Time: 9:00 a.m.
End Time: 12:00 p.m.
Wellington E. Webb Municipal Office Building, 201 W. Colfax Ave., Denver, CO, Room 7.F.2
Introductory Business Tax Seminar
This is a FREE introductory seminar for people with little or no tax experience who need to learn the basics of Denver taxes.
After attending this seminar you will:
- Have a basic knowledge of the most commonly encountered aspects of Denver sales, use, occupational privilege and personal property taxes.
- Know what Lodger’s tax, TBT and FDA tax are, and whether they apply to you.
- Be aware of specific tax treatments of construction contractors and exempt organizations.
- Know which tax licenses you need, how to apply for them and how to fill out and file the returns.
- Know about the Statute of Limitations and your obligations regarding record keeping.
- Know what your tax obligations are when you buy or sell a business.
- Know where to go to get additional help.
- Have had an opportunity to get your specific questions answered by talking to any of the presenters one-on-one.
This seminar may be cancelled without adequate registration.
- Future seminars will be held in different areas of the City in an effort to provide convenient locations for all taxpayers. Locations will be posted here when confirmed.
- If this sounds like something beneficial to you or your employees please call Juli Mercado at (720) 913-9322.
- If you have questions or need more information contact the Seminar Coordinator, Juli Mercado, at (720) 913-9322.
- Colorado Department of Revenue Tax Classes (link will take you to State of Colorado website)
Add to Calendar >>