Community Planning and Development is responsible for archiving all completed construction permits certificates of occupancy issued for all properties in the City and County of Denver. These records* may be viewed at the CPD records counter located on the 2nd floor of the Wellington Webb Municipal Building at 201 W. Colfax Ave. Copies may be purchased for a small fee. Research requests may be submitted by phone, fax, or email.
*Official records for the City and County of Denver on site at the Wellington Webb Municipal Building date back to 1970.
- Permit records for 2000–current can be found via our imaging system or hard copy files
- Permit records for 1970–1999 can be found on microfiche
- Permit records for 1955–1969 do not exist.
- Records dating from 1915–1955 can be found at the Denver Public Library in the Western History section.
- Prior to final inspection, please contact building inspections at 720-865-2505.
- Final or canceled permit status can be requested at 720-865-2790 or requested by email: email@example.com