Plan adopted May 10, 2013
The Buckley Annex GDP covers 70 acres located in the vicinity of 1st Avenue and Monaco Parkway. The area was home to the Denver Center of the Defense Finance and Accounting Services and the Air Reserve Personnel Center. Announced for closure in 2005, the Air Force completed the transfer of the property to the Lowry Redevelopment Authority (LRA) in May of 2012. The LRA was the applicant for the Buckley Annex GDP. The LRA is a quasi-governmental, nonprofit entity created by the cities of Denver and Aurora to redevelop the former Lowry Air Force Base. The following is a summary of the site's history:
- 1970s - 2005 - Air Reserve Personnel Center and Denver Center of the Defense Finance and Accounting Services
- 2005 - Department of Defense/U.S. Air Force announced closure of the site
- 2007 - 2008 - LRA created a conceptual redevelopment plan following a public planning process
- 2011 - Property completely vacated
- 2012 - Air Force completed transfer of the property to the LRA
- 2012 - LRA submitted a GDP to the City of Denver
View the Buckley Annex general development plan (PDF).
For more information, visit the Lowry Redevelopment website.