The programs we air on Denver 8 TV are created and distributed to enhance understanding of and access to the processes of the Denver community government as it operates locally, and also within the larger context of regional, national, and worldwide public affairs.
To help make Denver a world class city where everyone matters, our programming content foster the activities and understanding to:
- provide greater public awareness and understanding of Denver City and County government
- encourage dialogue and interaction between citizens and city officials
- enhance delivery of government services to the public
- increase community awareness of the depth and breadth of important community issues by providing programming that informs, educates, enlightens, and promotes exchange of ideas
- provide accurate, timely information about emergency preparedness, and during actual emergencies.
- enhance the public health and general welfare of the community.
- act as a resource of television technologies for all city departments and enhance their public information dissemination
- support city employee training
New episodes of our programs are shown daily, weekly, biweekly, or monthly depending on the specific program. Our core programming focuses on providing access to city government. As such, Denver City Council, City Council Committee, Mayor-Council, and other meetings are aired live when they happen. The programs are also shown again the same night, and at a regularly-scheduled weekend time, to make it convenient to stay current with Denver City Government.
Please visit our Denver 8 TV Program Schedule for current listings; or, this Complete list of program descriptions and play times will provide specific information for all of our programs.