All Denver Dogs Must Be Vaccinated
Barking Dogs Law
Barking Dog Mediation - Why Mediation Works!
Community Mediation Concepts (CMC) - 303.651.6534 - CMC@FindSolutions.org
Barking Dog Mediation is a free service offered by the City & County of Denver
For the Complainant:
- Timely, Facilitated, Safe and Successful
- Opportunity to speak directly about how the barking is affecting your quality of life
- Identify specific steps which may be taken to resolve the situation
For the Dog Owner
- Face-to-Face opportunity to talk with the person affected
- Ownership of their part in the conversation and situation
- Direct involvement in reaching an agreement which takes into consideration your pet and your quality of life
Here is How the Mediation Process Works
If you're filing a complaint:
- You may call 303-651-6534 or email CMC@FindSolutions.org
- CMC's program coordinator will call you within the next several days to talk about how mediation can help resolve the barking dog problem.
- Your contact information will be kept confidential! Only if you agree to mediation, will your name be shared and mediation scheduled.
- While it is convenient to file an anonymous complaint, it is not effective. Being willing to take responsibility to sit down with your neighbors and reach a mediated solution is much better.
If you're the dog owner:
- Mediation is a voluntary process. CMC will make every effort to contact the complainant and explain the benefits of mediation.
- However, we cannot compel someone to mediate. We will let you know the outcome of our discussion within a few days.
To Report a barking dog problem
Call the Denver Animal Care and Control (720) 913-1311 or 3-1-1 to report a problem. We take complaints for the City and County of Denver. If the dog barking problem is in another county you must call that Animal Control Agency.
If you have received a citation for Barking dog nuisance you are required to appear in Denver County Court, at 520 W. Colfax Ave., Courtroom 4A to answer the charges.