The DFL Mobile Spay/Neuter clinic will be at DAS on the following days providing low-cost dog spay/neuter services for income qualified individuals:
Friday, October 31st
Friday, November 7th
Friday, November 14th
Friday, November 21st
High-quality, low-cost spay and neuter services for dogs, including age-appropriate vaccines.
Why get your pet fixed?
You will be happier because your pet will be:
- Less likely to develop cancers and therefore live longer
- Calmer and more affectionate
- Less likely to cause fights or jump the fence and run away
- Most importantly, unable to produce unwanted puppies
What you need to know:
- You must be at the clinic location by 7:30 a.m. with your pet.
- Service is on a first-come, first-served basis—no appointment is necessary.
- Spay/neuter surgery is safe for puppies 8 weeks and older, weighing 2 pounds or more.
- Feed a small amount to all animals under the age of 6 months the morning of surgery.
- All animals over 6 months of age—withhold food after midnight.
- Dogs must be on a leash.
- You must pick up your pet the same day at the specified time given to you at check-in.
- We can only take a certain number of pets each day, so you may be given a rain check for another clinic day.Pre-surgical blood work is recommended prior to surgery, but is not required.
- Colorado licensed veterinarians perform all surgeries.Denver and Aurora city ordinances require dogs over 6 months be fixed.
- You can get more information by calling (720) 241-7098, or by visiting our website at ddfl.org.
Donor-subsidized spay/neuter surgeries for dogs will be provided only to patrons who meet income qualifications of less than $40,000 per year from all sources.
To qualify, please bring one of the following low-income qualifying documents when you come to our spay/neuter clinic:
- Quest or EBT card
- Paycheck stub (showing income of no more than $769 per paycheck)
- Income-tax return form (showing income of no more than $40,000 per year)
- Unemployment check stub (with current date)
- Medicaid card
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) ID or letter