The DFL Mobile Spay/Neuter clinic will be at DAS on Friday, October 10, 15, 22, and 24 providing FREE cat spay/neuter services.
Why get your pet fixed?
You will be happier because your pet will be:
- Less likely to develop cancers and therefore live longer
- Calmer and more affectionate
- Less likely to cause fights or jump the fence and run away
- Most importantly, unable to produce unwanted kittens
What you need to know:
- You must be at the clinic location by 7:30 a.m. with your pet.
- Service is on a first-come, first-served basis—no appointment is necessary.
- Spay/neuter surgery is safe for kittens 8 weeks and older, weighing 2 pounds or more.
- Feed a small amount to all animals under the age of 6 months the morning of surgery.
- All animals over 6 months of age—withhold food after midnight.
- Cats must be in a box or carrier.
- You must pick up your pet the same day at the specified time given to you at check-in.
- We can only take a certain number of pets each day, so you may be given a rain
- check for another clinic day.
- Pre-surgical blood work is recommended prior to surgery, but is not required.
- Colorado licensed veterinarians perform all surgeries.
- Denver and Aurora city ordinances require cats over 6 months be fixed.
We also provide low-cost spay/neuter surgery for dogs whose owners meet
low-income qualifications. For more information on our spay/neuter services for
cats and dogs, please call (720) 241-7098, or visit our website at ddfl.org.