According to Denver Law (PDF), rabies vaccinations are required for all Denver pets. Rabies, a disease that affects the central nervous system, has no cure and it is almost always fatal. Each Saturday, Denver Animal Shelter offers a reduced fee rabies vaccination clinic for public animals.
What you need to know about the Denver Animal Shelter rabies vaccination clinics:
- You do not have to be a resident of the City and County of Denver to receive a vaccination for your pet. If you are a resident of the City and County of Denver, a dog or cat license is included with the cost of the vaccination.
- We do not vaccinate Pit Bull breeds or any dog mixed with a Pit Bull breed, even if you reside in another county.
- Kittens and puppies under 3 months of age will only receive the distemper/parvo or feline distemper vaccination. When your pet is old enough, you may bring it back for the rabies vaccination. You will be required to pay for the rabies vaccination when you return for vaccination.
- Your pet will not receive a vaccination if it is sick, pregnant, or nursing.
- Please muzzle pets that may be vicious or unpredictable toward people or other animals.
- When you arrive, please have dogs on a leash and cats in a carrier and/or pet taxi.
Where and when can I get my pet vaccinated?
Denver Animal Shelter
1241 W. Bayaud Ave.
Denver, CO 80223
Map and directions.
The Denver Animal Shelter rabies vaccination clinic is open to the public during the following hours:
Dogs & Cats: Saturdays from 10:00AM - 1:00PM.
You may pay by Cash, Check, Visa, or MasterCard.
- $15 - 1-year license (new / renew)
- $40 - 3-year license (new / renew)
- $25 - Microchipping dogs & cats