Barking Dog Law
- Barking Dog Section 8-46.
- Download Ordinance
- If you would like to purchase a copy of the complete ordinance through the mail, please send a written request and $3.00 to:
Denver Animal Care and Control
1241 W. Bayaud Avenue
Denver, CO 80223
To report a barking dog problem:
Call Denver Animal Care and Control at (720) 913-1311 or 3-1-1 to report a problem. We take complaints for the City and County of Denver only. If the dog barking problem is in another county, you must call that Animal Control agency.
Denver Animal Care & Control (ACC) has a three step procedure for handling barking dog complaints:
1. First Warning: if the complaintant notifies the owner of the barking dog or if the complaintant does not want to notify the owner, the ACC staff will mail a barking dog notification to the resident regarding the problem.
2. After the first warning, if the problem persists an animal control officer will issue a courtesy warning to the pet owner regarding the barking dog problem.
3. After two warnings have been issued and the problem still persists, then two persons (from two different households) will need to sign a private complaint with our department. The complaint is an actual administrative ciation.