Recording a Marriage

After solemnization of the marriage, you must return your marriage license and completed marriage certificate to the Office of the Clerk and Recorder within 63 days after the wedding for recording.
Please do not separate the certificate from the license. You may use the return envelope given to you at the time of application or return the certificate in person.
Recording enters your marriage license and certificate into the official county records for future reference. After recording, the original form will be returned to you by mail at the return address you supplied at the time of application.
There is no fee for recording your license and certificate. However, if you return your marriage certificate for recording later than 63 days after solemnization,
late fees will apply. Please see our Fees page.