1. Mail your document with check or money order payable to Manager of Finance, mailed to Clerk & Recorder Recording Dept., 201 W. Colfax, Dept. 101, Denver, CO 80202, or
2. Bring your document into the Clerk and Recorder's office in person. You may pay with cash, check, money order or credit card.
Preparation of Documents
- Margin requirements for recording a document are: one inch margin on the top of the page and one-half inch on each side margin. The margin requirements are dictated by C.R.S. 30-10-406(3)(a).
- To file a lien, you must obtain the proper blank form, fill it out, and then have it notarized prior to bringing it to the Office of the Clerk and Recorder.
- Clerk and Recorder staff cannot assist in filling out of forms, as this is considered legal advice. Please consult your own attorney.