Document Recording

All documents recorded are indexed and imaged digitally. Original documents are returned to the owner. Digital images are uploaded nightly, and are available for searching online.

e-Record Your Document!

The City and County encourages you to e-record your document rather than submitting it on paper. The convenience, speed and security of online recording can more than offset the time and cost of paper submittals. 

e-Recording your document takes minutes. The process of submitting by paper, particularly if you are mailing it in, can take a week to 10 days to complete.

The City and County of Denver currently contracts with three online e-recording submitters: CSC (formerly Ingeo), E-Secure File, and Simplifile. Contact one of them to set up an e-recording account.

  Cost  Contact Info 
CSC (Corporation Service Company)  Contact CSC for pricing, using contact info at right.
855-200-1150 (toll-free)
eSecureFile (a Property Info company) Standard fee is $3.50 per document. However, a special pricing structure has been established for new customers filing documents with Denver County:
FREE from now until early January 2014.
2014: $2.50 per document
2015: $3.00 per document
2016: $3.50 per document
To qualify, you must say that you were referred by Denver County or that you saw this offer on Denver's website!
888-608-1808 (toll-free)
Simplifile Contact Simplifile for pricing, using the contact info at right.
800-460-5657 (toll-free) 

To Record Paper Documents

1. Mail your document with check or money order payable to Manager of Finance, mailed to Clerk & Recorder Recording Dept., 201 W. Colfax, Dept. 101, Denver, CO 80202, or

2. Bring your document into the Clerk and Recorder's office in person. You may pay with cash, check, money order or credit card.

Preparation of Documents

  • Margin requirements for recording a document are: one inch margin on the top of the page and one-half inch on each side margin. The margin requirements are dictated by C.R.S. 30-10-406(3)(a).
  • To file a lien, you must obtain the proper blank form, fill it out, and then have it notarized prior to bringing it to the Office of the Clerk and Recorder.
  • Clerk and Recorder staff cannot assist in filling out of forms, as this is considered legal advice. Please consult your own attorney.

Blank Legal Forms

The Clerk and Recorder office does not supply most blank forms. Deed release forms can be found on the Public Trustee Forms page

Other standard business forms can be obtained from the Denver Public Library or an office supply store.

Please Note

The Recording Department will record virtually any document presented by a customer. 

However, customers should understand that simply recording a document does not confer legality or authenticity on the document.