Starting a business is an exciting endeavor - and can sometimes feel daunting. There are many steps along the way to opening the doors to a new business. Development Services staff can guide you through permitting, zoning and construction processes to ensure you've got a great location and building to house your business. As a one-stop shop, we can help with:
- Zoning permits - We issue permits for the type of building, location, zoning, change-of-use issues and required parking.
- Site development and plan review - We identify all significant land and building issues that affect the design and feasibility of your project, and help you secure the approval of all reviewing agencies.
- Building permits - We issue construction permits and trade permits for most building projects and change-of-occupancy issues.
- Site engineering - We provide comprehensive plan review for transportation, sanitary sewer and storm drainage.
- Installation of signs - We guide the installation and display of signs as regulated by the Denver Zoning Code.
- Building and neighborhood inspections - We conduct inspections to determine that all construction and development was performed according to code.
Getting your location ready may involve new construction, an addition, or tenant finish / remodel for an existing building. The process and requirements vary depending on the location and complexity of your building. Contact Development Services to help you get started.