• Lost, Damaged or Stolen Plates and Placards

    Damaged platesThe Denver County Motor Vehicle Department will assist Denver County residents with the replacement of lost, stolen or damaged plates and/or placards. If you are not a Denver County resident, please visit the State of Colorado DMV website to locate your branch office.

     Please note: All vehicles are required by Colorado State law to have both a front and back plate.

    Replace lost, stolen or damaged plates

    Depending on the type of vehicle, there will be a nominal fee for any plate replacement. 
     Regular Colorado Plates (two plates) cars, trucks, etc.  $8.06
     Regular Colorado Plate (single plate) trailers, heavy eqt. $6.17
     Month Tab $.11 
     Year Tab $.17
    Denver county residents should bring their most recent Colorado Registration/Ownership Tax Receipt, proof of insurance and a form of photo identification into one of our Denver Motor Vehicle branch office locations and our agents will assist you in replacing your missing plates.
    • Complete and sign a Form DR2283 affidavit indicating that your license plates were stolen. A signature is required from one owner.
    • Denver county residents should submit the completed form to one of our Denver Motor Vehicle branch office locations to perform the cancellation of plates.
    • Denver county residents must contact the Denver Police Department to report the plates as stolen.

     Holiday closure notice

    All Denver DMV offices will be CLOSED Monday, Feb-16-2015 in observance of President's Day

    Follow Denver DMV     
    Not registered to vote? Don't forget you can register online at www.govotecolorado.com!