You may need more than one permit depending on your project.
There are four primary permits and each may require approval by multiple entities before a permit is issued. All film-related permits are free; however, there may be fees for required services, such as parking meter bagging, street closures and off-duty police officers. Please refer to the Rules and Regulations.
1) Film/Photography Permit Request is needed to film on public property or in parks in the City and County of Denver.
* Film/Photography Permit Request
2) Street Occupancy Permit or "right of-way" permit pertains to reserving portions of the following:
• Public access way
3) Parking Meter Permit & Neighborhood Signoff Sheet pertain to covering the meters needed to facilitate a shoot and alerting the
street or neighborhood you are shooting in.
4) Denver Parks & Recreation Permit
pertains to shooting or filming in any public park, department facility, median, and/or trail. An additional application is required for a Parks & Recreation Filming Permit. Complete and submit the application at least 72 hours prior to the date of filming/photography and submit a copy to their office.
Parks & Recreation Special Event Application