MY Denver exits to engage young people in structured and drop-in programming and a myriad of learning and social opportunities during out-of school time. Activities offered in the recreation center fall into the broader categories of: Sports and wellness; Science, technology, and education; Urban arts and culture; Social recreation; and community engagement.
This type of recreation programming directly contributes to the academic and social development, positioning youth for present and future success. MY Denver collaborates with community organizations and youth advocates in our Denver community to bring to life the activities in our center while providing safe, supportive, and quality environments for young people to play, learn, and grow. Please select a calendar from the drop down menu on the right side of this page to find an activity you are interested in.
• Intentionally connecting young people to their community is important to enrich and sustain Denver's community. Within this area, MY Denver participants will have a myriad of opportunities to engage in youth leadership programming in the Denver area, explore Denver's cultural, historical, and recreational avenues, and volunteer and partake in service learning efforts to positively impact Denver communities.
Sports and Wellness
• Supporting and promoting healthy and active lifestyles for youth is essential. At each of the twenty-three centers, youth will have a diverse choice of sports, wellness, and health opportunities to participate in Monday- Friday. Centers that are open to the public on the weekends also provide access to self lead activities such as open gym.
Science, Technology and Education
• Science, technology, and further education during out-of-school time is important for continued learning and experiential growth for young people.
•This area provides young people with an extensive choice of activities and opportunities to include: learning science through discovery, getting homework assistance, participating in the Youth One Book One Denver Program during Summer breaks, partaking in social awareness discussions, or learning skills to assist them in preparing for the work force or continued education.
• Social Recreation provides an area for young people to come together and participate in interactive gaming, team building, and other social opportunities appealing to them.
Urban Arts and Culture
• Denver has endless opportunities to explore and discover the arts and culture. Urban Arts and Culture provides youth with a myriad of creative avenues to explore themselves and their communities through. Offerings include: arts, crafts, dance, drama, spoken word, and cultural field trips.