The Office of Children's Affairs partners with various local, state and national groups to ensure that the needs of Denver's young children and early childhood educators are addressed.
The focus is in the following areas:
- Family, friend and neighbor child care providers
- Connect and expand services and systems in early childhood education
- Cultural and linguistic responsiveness
At the local level, the Office of Children's Affairs interacts with the following:
- Denver Preschool Program - Provides tuition credits for all Denver families with preschool children in the last year of preschool before kindergarten and provides quality improvement grants for preschool providers. Children must be enrolled in a licensed preschool program that participates in the Denver Preschool Program quality improvement system.
- Denver Early Childhood Council - an advisory group governed by board members appointed by the Mayor of Denver, the Superintendent of Denver Public Schools. The mission is to create a system of early childhood services so that all of the children in Denver are ready for school.